[GRLUG] Cable installer

Tom Warren tomewarren+grlug at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:02:27 EDT 2012

I cut the cord about 3 years ago. I had to tap a Coax line in the attic to
install the antenna with a preamp to feed the rest of the house. Once I
figured out where all my cabling ended and what points were in what rooms
(trial and error with a portable tv) it was pretty simple. Now I have two
HD-Homeruns running and all is good and has been for a while. As far as
streaming the HD content my Wireless N router does very well but the
systems on fringes have trouble with frame drops from time to time, I'm
still working on a strategy to get cat 6 or 5e drops to those systems and
back to my network closet.

Thanks
Tom

--
Tom Warren                                                      tomewarren
at gmail.com