[GRLUG] Thunderbird not leaving mail on server

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Tue May 8 15:42:38 EDT 2012

I've always used POP when I set up mail clients for myself, just so I
always have a backup on the server, and then I can delete what I want on
the client. Of course, I haven't used a mail client in a while. One thing
that may be causing it is there are the same settings that need to be
configured on some mail servers. You may want to look at that. In GMail I
think it defaults to delete messages from the server when accessed with POP.