[GRLUG] Any Cygwin folks around?

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Thu May 3 13:01:51 EDT 2012

Oh, ok. I want to say that the standard check_users is for Linux boxes
only, which is why I created that plugin. Are you trying to run Nagios
server on a Windows machine, or are you just trying to monitor a Windows
client? You can just download the Windows agents for Nagios, no Cygwin
needed if you are just monitoring Windows servers. The Windows client is
called NSClient++ (http://www.nsclient.org/nscp/), but I usually use the
Opsview Agents (
http://www.opsview.com/technology/resources/downloads/opsview-agents),
because I use OpsView, which is a fork of Nagios, that makes it much
easier/pretty to manage. Everything can be done from the WebUI. At any
rate, the OpsView agent is just a wrapper around NSClient++.