[GRLUG] productivity software

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Mar 28 16:36:41 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 02:59:12PM -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
>
> > Any of you have experience with Tracks?  It's a personal project
> > manager.
> >
> > http://getontracks.org/
> >
> It looks like an excellent personal manager, .. however if you are a
> consultant with multiple projects and possibly other subcontractors, there
> are some things missing:
>
> 	* Time entry/tracking
> 	* Task management
> 	* Monthly reporting for billing
>
> A much more flexible system that we use is Redmine - oriented towards
> software development, but the project, issue, and time tracking is very
> usable for project management.

It is designed for personal use, which is exactly what I need.  I don't
need time tracking, etc, though I can see how a consultant would.

I don't like the lack of a Debian package.  I'm not interested in
manually tracking updates and bug-fixes, though the app looks like a
great idea.  Currently I keep track of a to-do list of sorts with a text
file and vim.
--
john-thomas
------