[GRLUG] Blu-ray encrytion..

Uhawl uhawl1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:41:30 EDT 2012

As many of you know, we use .mp4 files of our movies at the warehouse and
I'm looking for a solution to decrypt and encode blu-rays using Linux.  I
already know that I can use Handbrake to encode into .mp4/.mkv files, but
removing the aacs/bd+ copy protection on our owned blu-rays is the one
thing that Linux doesn't seem to have a solution for like it does for dvds
(libdvdread4, libdvdcss).  In Windows (gasp!), we would use AnyDVD HD to
remove that and allow for playback/copying.  I know that torrenting would
be easier, but to do it in house would be a challenge worth having.  Anyone
have any idea how to do it effectively without resorting to Windows?

-Josh