[GRLUG] Booting Intel Matrix Storage Manaber

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat Mar 10 12:10:13 EST 2012

Trying to repurpose a server, .. it has the Intel RAID BIOS so I built a
RAID5 array of three disks, but the 'Bootable' flag on the array is 'No'
and there seems to be no way to reset it!

Most of the docs I have found show that 'Bootable' is the default, so
there is precious little information on how to change.

Any clues? Did an install of 12.1, but it did not set it bootable either;
normal mdadm, gparted, and fdisk utilities DNW, of coure. Is the only
option to blow away the Matrix S/W and do it with mdadm?

	TIA,

	Lee