[GRLUG] outdoor cat5 cable

Joseph McLaughlin jwm8351 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 07:53:23 EDT 2012

If you use sealed pvc pipe conduit (like I did to go building to building)

Use a sponge cut to size (The correct size will be sucked in - to large it will be stuck to small it will not move) - tie a piece of string to it. duct tape a shop vac hose to the other side of the conduit. The sponge  will be sucked in - the string will follow. When all the way thru tie the string to the cat5 & pull. It is best to have someone pushing gently also.