[GRLUG] Linux and multiple monitors

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:45:21 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM, John-Thomas Richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 05:56:43AM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 03:29 -0400, Robar Philip wrote:
>> > On Jun 18, 2012, at 4:48 PM, "Mike" <ironmike52 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Given that UNIX workstations with the X Window System have supported
>> > multiple monitors for decades (albeit not as well as Apple and Mac
>> > OS), it amazes me that this is still an issue on Linux today.

It is definitely still an issue. I had projector detection fail last
night using the proprietary Nvidia drivers. I've had no problems when
I use my laptop with Intel graphics. I'm gonna have to agree with
Linus on this one
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/linus-torvalds-linux-driver-nvidia-geforce-worst-company,16049.html

--
 Ben Rousch