[GRLUG] Xen folks?

scott.tanner at comcast.net scott.tanner at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 21:45:23 EDT 2012

We run Xen3 on CentOS, and define the disks (logical volumes in our case) like your first example:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/mapper/VGL-qa01a.qa,xvda,w', 'phy:/dev/mapper/VGL-qa01a.qa--DB,xvdb,w' ]

I wasn't familiar with the XML-based config files, and found a nice quick write-up on http://www.madmadmod.com/xen/8-xen-domu-configuration-files.html. The XML version is used with the libvirt toolkit, so I guess it depends on how you're starting the guests.

Regards,
Scott