[GRLUG] Good local source for UPSs

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 09:54:13 EDT 2012

So I had a 1500VA Tripp-Lite UPS die on me this morning. I suspect I
overloaded it; it powered two PCs and an LCD monitor. Resetting the
breaker didn't help, and the temperature in that room has been in the
mid 90s much of the time over the last few weeks. (Good airflow only
goes so far when the air you have to exchange with is hot...)

So I need to find a new UPS. Something that'd sit comfortably on or
under a table, and probably a hair more powerful than 1500VA.

Does anyone have any recommended local sources? I've got a family
member I could conceivably go  to, but I haven't approached him for
this kind of thing before, so I wanted to see what other options there
were, first.