[GRLUG] Multi Home

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:00:44 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM, megadave <megadave at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even that will be tricky, as it is likely that both providers have
> filters in place to reject traffic with an origin IP address
> that isnt part of their network. Full multi-homing requires that you
> have your OWN IP address blocked assigned by the RIR (ARIN here in the
> US) and peer via BGP to both upstreams.

You didn't read what I wrote. "proxy or NAT point" means that the
client makes a request, and the WAN ISP sees it as coming from the
public IP address the WAN ISP assigned.

This can be done with iptables NAT, or something like Squid making a
new origin request and using a different source address (and thus a
different ISP) for new connections.