[GRLUG] Rebooting linux server

Collin Kidder collink at kkmfg.com
Thu Jul 12 09:10:17 EDT 2012

The UPS guess turned out to be wrong as well. I had a spare UPS (a small
one) sitting around and moved the server to be on that UPS by itself. It
still reboots with power faults even though I know this UPS is good.
Nothing else surrounding it reboots either (even other stuff connected
to the old UPS) so I guess that was a bad guess.

I have now replaced both power supplies in the server. It's still
faulting, claiming that the power died. So, I can confirm that the power
is good, the UPS isn't bad, and the power supplies have been replaced.
The machine gives no indication that there is a problem except for
claiming that the power died. This is unfortunately starting to sound
like the motherboard is cooked or something.