[GRLUG] Rebooting linux server

Collin Kidder collink at kkmfg.com
Mon Jul 9 08:43:06 EDT 2012

On 7/7/2012 7:27 PM, Christopher House wrote:

> Does it have an iLO? Is it configured and on the network? Have you
> logged in to its webserver and checked the IML - Integrated Management
> Log, or the iLO log? They usually indicate hardware errors.

Ding, ding, ding! You win the prize! (Or you would have had there been a
prize.) I forgot that iLO would do so much logging. I just logged in and
found that the server reports losing power at every point where I see a
mysterious reboot happen. It is on an (ancient) battery backup so this
leads me to believe that the UPS is junk. I suppose that's a strong
possibility since it is so very old.