[GRLUG] Rebooting linux server

Jason Villalta jason at rubixnet.com
Wed Jul 4 08:30:56 EDT 2012

You may also want to look at power.  You should be sure you are using a
line regulated UPS(Smart) and not just a battery backup.
Brown-outs can cause instability and hard freezing.  With these 90+ degree
days, everyone is running their AC putting extra load on the grid.  Also
your servers should have a dedicated power circuit from your principal
power panel.  This eliminates the possibility that some window AC or other
equipment is on the same power circuit as your equipment.