[GRLUG] Anyone want an OLD Dell 1750 server

scott.tanner at comcast.net scott.tanner at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 00:03:11 EST 2012

John-Thomas, megadave - I have no problem holding a few servers for a few weeks. Like I said, they're just sitting on the floor ( next to some 10/100 hubs that came with the building ). I'll probably bring them to the next GRLUG to be wiped; how do you feel about Nextena OS? ;)

Casey - How are you on physical network ports / DHCP addresses? Do have room for 10 more, or should I bring a spare switch? Or should we split the servers into 2 GRLUG meetings?

I'm guessing everyone will want the matching rack-mounting rails and Y-Power cable, so I'll bring those along as well ( FYI - these have dual power supplies, and they're pretty loud ).

I'll try to arrive at the next GRLUG meeting a little early, so we can get the servers unloaded and setup. All of the servers have Dell's RAC management cards which includes a JAVA based KVM, so we could use that in liue of keyboards/monitors to keep the external requirements down.

I'm really glad these systems can be of some use, especially if they can help the Linux community.

Regards,
Scott