[GRLUG] Anyone want an OLD Dell 1750 server

scott.tanner at comcast.net scott.tanner at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 13:50:32 EST 2012

I have a few of these servers, maybe 10 to 15. I'll count them next time I venture to the server room.

Should be enough resources to setup a ROCKS cluster (I think you'd only need 3 for testing purposes).

I'm not sure which class of Xeon they are. Here are the specs according to lshw / sysfs:
product: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
version: 15.2.9
width: 32 bits
clock: 533MHz
capabilities: boot fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
-cache:0
size: 8KiB
capacity: 8KiB
-cache:1
size: 512KiB

Since there's some interest in these servers, I'll check with my manager during our weekly meeting tomorrow. Will let everyone know afterwords. I can definitely hold one (or more) if they cant be picked up for a while.

Regards,
Scott