[GRLUG] permission denied: apache group

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Sat Jan 7 15:18:06 EST 2012

I've got my WordPress files on localhost owned by apache (seemed to be
the only way I could get WP to do automatic updates). Permissions set to
775.

I've made myself a member of the apache group (confirmed that). But I
get 'permission denied' when I try to create a new subdirectory in a WP
directory (both from command line and from Nautilus).

Is there something about apache that's blocking this? Or am I missing
something else?