[GRLUG] Linux Segway

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Thu Feb 23 10:01:30 EST 2012

Hi GRLUG,

We took more parts off the Segway last night while testing a running unit
to see how it behaves.

Please check out the photo's @
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caseydubois/with/6923291303/

After much discussion we are considering only using the motors, gearbox and
wheels from the original unit as modifying the original Segway offers
several challenges.

Thanks again to ALL that attended last night we had a GREAT time and it was
nice to meet some new people.

I will be out of town next Wednesday the 29th so the Social will be back at
Starbucks.

In order to get MORE members involved in the Linux Segway project I will be
adding additional meetings on different days and times so watch the list
for YOUR opportunity to help hack at this project.

P.S. Who left their Bartlett Tree Experts jacket?

Casey DuBois
616-808-6942
casey at grlug.org