[GRLUG] Time Clock Software

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:58:22 EST 2012

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM, John Wesorick <john at wesorick.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know of any time and attendance software for Linux, that can
>> interface with time clocks? I've seen a couple web-based ones, but I don't
>> think something like that would work very well in our environment. I have
>> also looked at Time Trex, but it has an annual fee for the version that can
>> interface with time clocks. If I must do some sort of licensing, I'd rather
>> it's a one-time deal.
>> Thanks,
>> John

I'm currently using a RTC-1000. It has a web interface built into the
clock and all of the data is stored on the clock. You just plug in an
ethernet cable and it's available over the network. They also have a
method (I won't go so far as to call it an API) for dumping the data
off of the clock over the network, but I haven't played with that yet.

http://www.icontime.com/products/hardware/universal/rtc-1000.asp

It's not free, but it's pretty cheap and flexible compared to other
solutions I looked at.

--
 Ben Rousch
   brousch at gmail.com