[GRLUG] issue with cups

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Sun Feb 19 21:29:41 EST 2012

Cups in Fedora 15 keeps giving me this error message, even though the
printer works fine from Windows:

"/usr/lib/cups/backend/dnssd failed; Printer 'MFC6890CDW' is out of at
least one marker supply."

I've tried restarting the printer, restarting cups, and rebooting the
computer and I can't get cups to print to this printer. I've replaced
all three color inks and the black ink show half full. I've also plugged
each of the inks in and out several times.

Any suggestions?