[GRLUG] Finding the bandwidth hog

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:13:45 EST 2012

While cisco "enterprise" hardware in general is good stuff, the cisco
pix is garbage - it is the exception that proves the rule..

I wouldnt rule out that it was part of the problem.

what type of pipe do you have, how much bandwidth are you seeing in
use, how much upload vs download, what is the primary use of your
network? is this mainly office with people surfing the net, do you
have server farms, etc?

I'd volunteer to come take a look personally, assuming you were near,
but I'm headed out of town this weekend for 5 weeks..