[GRLUG] cursor arrow won't grab window edge

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Mon Feb 6 13:14:42 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 16:20 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 16:08 -0500, Topher wrote:

> > > That seems to work better than just trying to grab the edge with
> > > left-clicking, but it won't let me shrink the vertical size of the
> > > GnuCash window beyond a certain point--and that leaves it still too big
> > > to see the whole thing on my screen (1380x768).
> >
> > Some windows won't allow you to go smaller than a certain size (pidgin)
> > but that seems pretty big.  To maximize vertically, try holding alt and
> > double middle clicking anywhere in the window.  I don't remember if that's
> > a normal window manager feature or just part of my awesome one.
> >
> > topher
> >
> Doesn't have any effect on the GnuCash window.

I went into the Gnome Tweak Tool and set the Text Scaling Factor to 1.0
under Fonts. This seems to have helped considerably with the GnuCash
issue. There's definitely a minimum size built into the GnuCash
interface, and with the larger font that min is more than my 768px
vertical screen. I don't know why the problem arose with GnuCash now,
since I've been in Fedore 15 for several months now and this is the
first time I've had this problem with GnuCash. Maybe an update changes
the font setting...?

And the alt-middle click seems to halp with the problem of grabbing the
edge of other windows to resize.

Thanks.
EB