[GRLUG] Database query logic

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:04:24 EST 2012

"A "filter" is essentially a point where an input stream is reduced."

Sounds more like a valve or attenuator
of some kind.

Isn't a filter something that reduces the
components of a stream based on some
criteria?  You remove contaminants from
a stream of water, but not the water.  Yes,
you reduce overall flow of material, but
that is not the point.

As to how commercial data bases work,
I have to think a certain amount of that
is not intended to be known.  i.e., trade
secrets.

   -- Bob

   -- Bob