[GRLUG] old laptop utilization

Adam M. Erickson adam at openfad.com
Wed Feb 1 20:29:38 EST 2012

For a Ubuntu bootable thumbdrive that can save changes, google :
"persistent, liveCD, Ubuntu".

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14912/create-a-persistent-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive/
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD/Persistence
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

I used pendrivelinux.com about 5 years ago with no problems. You can
get in a little of trouble with one of these... So stay ethical.

also

In Ubuntu there is an option to do the same
Systems/Administration/Startup Disk Creator