[GRLUG] Partition Backup

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat Dec 29 10:24:55 EST 2012

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012, Steven Scherbinski wrote:

> It does, but I'm afraid I'm not much of a Windows person.  I did a quick
> look for frmanage, but couldn't find it.

It did not work, so I mentally 'discarded' it after removing & cleaning.

Came from a Google Code project is what I remember, I even looked at the
code for the error - it was buried well after the open test so I discarded
it.

> I assume you've tried ping?  http://ping.windowsdream.com/  and looked
> at the wikipedia page for disk cloning software?   Not that it looks
> that helpful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disk_cloning_software

The request was for something that would run under a GUI (IOW booted OS,
X windows, so the Windoze level admins can have their GUI); .. sysrescue
does most of what we need, but it is standalone and not 'Winadmin
friendly'.

	TFTR!

	Lee