[GRLUG] CentOS on HyperV

grlug at tcowan.net grlug at tcowan.net
Thu Dec 6 09:46:39 EST 2012

> On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>
>> What is the size of the partition?  Perhaps it is really just a
>> not-using-GPT issue? [assuming the partition is large].
>>
> 250GB
>
>> I've never seen anything like half-sized-partitions.
>>
> No worries, .. I just made a 50GB system partition and took the default
> 127GB for /home.
>
> 	Lee

Anything past 127gb you MUST install the Hyper-V rpms distributed by
Microsoft.

Download the iso here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34603

Mount them to a folder on the box and install them.

They also recommend disabling irqbalance service as well.

chkconfig irqbalance off

Thanks