[GRLUG] printer for sale, needs tinkering

Topher topher at codeventure.net
Tue Dec 4 23:26:19 EST 2012

I have a nice Canon Pixma MP500 that I'd like to get rid of.  It's
worked well for about a year, I got it for free.

Yesterday it said it had the wrong print head in it, and I needed to put
the right one in.  Google told me that means it's dirty, and had nice
instructions on how to clean it.

Cleaning it didn't help.  I'll take Best Offer for it.  Amazon has Used
one for $115.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-All-In-One-Printer-Copier-Scanner/dp/B000AYFP6A
My gut tells me it's a relatively easy fix for a hardware nerd, which I
am not.

I bought a new printer for my wife today, one that does wifi and she can
print from her tablet.

The Canon has about $70 worth of new ink in it that I put in Saturday.
I have one extra black cart that is still sealed.

Topher