[GRLUG] mysqld problem

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Aug 21 21:33:00 EDT 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, Ben DeMott wrote:

> Hi Lee,
> What happens if you try to start mysql yourself without the daemon /
> service script?
> perhaps 'mysqld --console'
> Is there an exit code from the process?

Hi Ben,

I tried starting it without the script, but it complained that another
copy was already using 3306.

Also tried forcing MyISAM recover and InnoDB recover options in my.cnf,
but no difference.

mysqld_save and the init script would both delay for a time and then
return a status of failure.

Using mysqld without the startup script complained about the port being in
use, however netstat -an and telnet'ing to 3306 from an outside machine
did not show anything running.

After trying to reinstall, I had to *purge* both server and client to be
able to reinstall, ..

Thanks for the thoughts!

	Lee