[GRLUG] using a projector

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Aug 20 18:09:47 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:13:43AM -0400, Topher wrote:
> I'm running 0.16 and I'd like to plug into a projector and... project.
>
> I have a Dell E6400 laptop, and it has a little meta key to switch
> to External, but nothing happens when I push it while plugged into
> the projector.
>
> I've just told you everything I know about making this work, any
> idea where I would look for instructions?

I doubt E has that key mapped correctly.  What is the video chipset?
Intel?  nVidia?  ATI?  If nvidia, binary driver or Nouveau?  If it's
anything other than nVidia's binary driver, do you have an XRandR
front-end installed?  Say, arandr?  If so, try that.  If you're running
nVidia's binary driver you'll need to run nVidia's X settings app.
--
john-thomas
------