[GRLUG] Routing question

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat Apr 7 00:10:02 EDT 2012

Just figured out a nagging problem with a server in the shop that uses a
Charter connection for most of the traffic [and default route], but a 2nd
local NIC with a static IP from our server rack:

	Mickey
		+  T1 = eth0
		+  Internal 10.0.0.n = eth1
		+  Charter = eth2

An inbound ssh connetion from an internal server on eth0 works just fine,
.. howerver an ssh connection from *outside* [eth2] times out.

I just relized that the default route on the eth2 [with most of the
bandwidth] would prevent an incoming connection from outside on the T1
side! OpenSuSE 11.4, standard firewall, everything works fine *except* for
incoming connections from the outside.

Is anyone aware of a way to allow incoming connections on eth0 without
messing with the default route? I would prefer Charter for the default
route as it prevents saturating the T1 with office traffic.

	TIA,

	Lee