[GRLUG] root on Fedora 15

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:47:57 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Eric Beversluis
<ebever at researchintegration.org> wrote:

> So what's a guy to do? In the time I lost figuring this all out I could
> have dug out a vi cheat sheet and done what I needed to do. But I don't
> want to do that each time I need to edit a root-owned document.

Take it from me, you can limp along in vim with a very minimal set of
commands. Firing up a GUI to tweak a config is silly.

arrow keys - move around
i - insert mode
<esc> - get out of insert mode
:q! - quit without saving
:wq - save and quit

If vim is still too annoying, there's always nano.

--
 Ben Rousch
   brousch at gmail.com
   http://clusterbleep.net/