[GRLUG] Postgres Conference

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Sep 13 05:13:12 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 13:12 -0400, Ben Rousch wrote:
> I just came across a Postes conference in Chicago which is coming up
> very soon. It even has a significant other track for if your mate
> would like to visit Chicago but not sit around talking geek stuff.
> http://postgresopen.org/2011/home/

And PostgreSQL 9.1 provides [a] *synchronous* multi-master replication
and [b] unlogged tables - the last missing features between pg and the
likes of Informix and DB2 just fell to the Open Source hordes [actually
you can specify if you need synchronous commit per-transaction].  Very
impressive.

<http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1349>