[GRLUG] Moodle and Kaltura

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Oct 28 13:55:48 EDT 2011

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Christopher House wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Joel Freiberg <jefrat72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have experience, or know of the person/company to go to
> > that has the experience, with Moodle and streaming video?
> > Specifically we are looking at Kaltura.
> >
> > A client is looking at Moodle, but we don't have the linux/php
> > experience to comfortably deploy this so possibly will partner with
> > someone who does.
> >

>  Not of much help, but we apparently have deployed Moodle for e-learning on
> Windows, with success.

php/Linux experience is nowhere near as important as the 'domain specific
knowledge' for the education marketplace and how the application would be
used.

Don't be scared at all by the php/Linux side - *ANY* server admin with an
open mind (i.e. no fear of text) and basic knowledge can do the initial
setup. Then it's up to the domain folks to finish the configuration.

	Lee