[GRLUG] Lubuntu Breathes New Life into Your Netbook

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:16:50 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Kyle <dontwantspam1 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> [...]

I've also installed it on my Toshiba Satellite R15. It does pull in
GNOME dependencies, but those are held in place from the
ubuntu-desktop metapackage. I do find it runs a *lot* faster than
GNOME on the same machine.

On the Gentoo box, I've got "-gnome" as a global USE flag, so I'm not
pulling in the GNOME deps. Gtk, sure, but that's a different thing.