[GRLUG] Software GR meeting tonight

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:44:14 EST 2011

If Bob can play the devil's advocate, then so can I! So how many
people on this list actually are developing for iOS? Considering you
need to own an Apple computer, use OSX, and submit yourself to Apple's
walled garden to do so.

Also, if you are developing for iOS, I recommend you sign up for the
GR Mobile Dev group. There's a meeting coming up in December - join
the mailing list to get announcements and ask questions
http://groups.google.com/group/grmobiledev

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> NOT Linux but I know many on this list are developing iOS and may have interest.
> I'm headed to the Software GR meeting tonight on iOS development @ Atomic Object and wanted to invite yall.
>
> When: November 29th, 6pm – 8pm
>
> Where: Atomic Object, 941 Wealthy St. SE, 49506
>
> iOS development has become increasingly popular in the past four years since the introduction of the first iPhone. That popularity has created a vibrant developer community that has introduced a number of great third-party libraries. It has pushed Apple to innovate and improve iOS and its development environment.
>
> During this presentation I will give tour of new features in iOS 5 and explore popular third-party libraries. Participants will be given concrete technical examples and the opportunity to follow along and ask questions.
>
> About Justin DeWind
>
> Justin has been with Atomic Object since 2005 and holds a B.S. in Computer Information Systems from GVSU. He is one of the developers responsible for the widely-used ArtPrize iPhone application.
>

> Casey DuBois
> 616-808-6942
> casey at grlug.org

> believed to be clean.