[GRLUG] cell phone question

Matthew Seeley matthew at threadlight.com
Fri Nov 18 22:30:25 EST 2011

iWireless and Cricket Wireless are also MVNO's like Republic Wireless, so
their coverage is identical to Virgin / Boost / Republic Wireless.

(Cricket actually does have some of their own coverage in a few areas, so
they aren't a true MVNO, but I don't believe any of it is in West Michigan,
so for all practical purposes, here they are an MVNO)

Basically, if you find a cheap smartphone plan that isn't MetroPCS,
anywhere in West Michigan, theres a 99% chance it's just a rebranding of
Virgin Mobile USA / Boost Mobile service. ;)

(MetroPCS also roams on Boost and a few smaller operators up north, so in
non-metro markets, they're an MVNO of Sprint, but since they actually have
their own towers in Grand Rapids, it's probably not fair to call them an
MVNO here)

--
Matthew Seeley
Threadlight Systems