[GRLUG] AT&T's U-verse DSL service

Dan Pilcheck pilcheck at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:29:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM, nivardus <nivardus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ideally U-Verse's internet is effected less severely by more users than
> traditional DSL because it's only be twisted pair from the nearest
> VRAD/trunk to your home, beyond that it's fiber. In practice though...
>
> I am exploring my ISP options as well, I had U-Verse last year and will be
> moving soon. Hopefully I can find something affordable, relatively fast and
> with decent upstream bandwidth and static IPs all to a residential location.
> Wish me luck.
>
> ---
> Bennett Goble // Nivardus
>
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.  That's the answer I was looking
>> for.  The speed depends on the number of
>> users on the line, just like Comcast.  Fine
>> when your by yourself............
>>     -- Bob
>>
>> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Matthew Seeley <matthew at threadlight.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have the 24m Uverse service in Jenison.
>>> At first, it was excellent. Got 22m down on off hours, and 18m down on
>>> peak times. Was that way for the first two - three months.
>>> Then, AT&T went door-to-door and signed up everyone in the apartment
>>> complex.
>>> Now I only get 10m down on peak times, and 14m down on off hours. (Even
>>> when paying for the '24m' plan though)

Bob (Et al.), Sorry if I'm taking this to far off topic for the thread;

What about Comcast Business at the home?
IIRC its been touched on here, but I couldn't dig up anything relevant.

My Clear Wireless home 4g experience wasn't good enough to make me
drop Comcast (nor would it AT&T if I had it), I'm still looking to
reduce costs.
I want business class at the home!