[GRLUG] SSD IDE

Philip J. Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:25:13 EDT 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 7:37 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> Does anyone still have/use/know of IDE SSD drives (size unimportant)? Can't seem to find any in the usual channels - the distributors that still show them have 3-4 week leadtimes, if then.

Google: "pata ssd"

$93		32GB http://www.amazon.com/KINGSPEC-PATA-HARD-DRIVE-32GB/dp/B003F14W5U
$104	32GB http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9QRKE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003F14W5U&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1A0MTB863254C7RRTEPR

You'll have to follow the "new from" link and scroll down to the none featured sellers to get the lower prices I listed above.

This may be worth working your way through, Shopping results for PATA SSD:

http://www.google.com/search?q=pata+ssd&hl=en&prmd=ivnsfd&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=973RTbH0MMGftgemrc2zCg&ved=0CFUQrQQ

Note that PATA SSDs are likely to be yesterday's technology or the day before's. Also they probably lack built-in garbage collection.

Phil