[GRLUG] So I have this laptop...

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Wed May 4 17:15:51 EDT 2011

It's a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872. The laptop chassis has two hard
drive bays, but only one of them has a connector in it. There are solder
points for a hard drive connector in the second bay, but I can't tell if
they're hooked up to anything. Theoretically, it would be possible to
solder another port into that bay and give me the option of a second
hard drive, but I don't know if the solder points require another chip
or something. Is there any way in Linux (Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit if it
matters) to look in /proc and see if the SATA controller can handle
another device?