[GRLUG] Community based internet

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:20:19 EDT 2011

Interesting.  There was some chatter
two years ago or so about GR putting
up a wireless system - about 1.5Mbps
down, and 256Kbps up.  Hopelessly
out of date even out of the gate.

Verizon: "Mar 24, 2011 WSJ reports 12.6 Mbps down & 4.7 Mbps up, fastest in
industry."

The last buzz was that Google might
consider GR for a 1Gbps service.  Pretty
clearly, it has lost interest in that.

But it's nice to see other towns doing
something.......  :-(     With MI being
dead last, second to the bottom, economically,
and losing population, don't look for Comcast
or others to stumble over themselves offering
more bandwidth in GR.

    -- Bob