[GRLUG] print to file from web page inconsistent results

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Mar 24 08:19:14 EDT 2011

Here's something that I've wondered about for a while:

(Using Linux and Firefox):
I often like to use the print to file option to capture webpages as pdf
or ps (another feature that M$ chooses not to include--at least not the
option to print to a useable format).

But while everything normally works nicely, with some webpages only the
first (print) page or so of the web page gets printed to file. What I'm
wondering if this is just something flukey that happens (it seems
consistent--if I try again to print that webpage I get the same result)
or if there's something in how the webpage is coded that's causing that.
(I'm talking about printing the actual webpage as it appears, not the
sometimes-available 'formatted for printing' option.)

Does anyone else have this experience or happen to know the reason why?

EB