[GRLUG] Admin rights

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:59:57 EDT 2011

If it is part of a domain there is a good reason that things are locked
down.  Work w/ the process instead of around the process.  Is there a reason
you need local admin outside of installing software on it?  If so your
domain admin should be able to install software for you, following the
normal process of software installation.  If is part of a domain for work
are you violating any policies/rules/procedures by "hacking" the system to
give you rights?
A bit lost as to what the goal in this is?