[GRLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS dual boot Win7 Starter on Aspire One D255E

Bill Littlejohn billl at mtd-inc.com
Mon Mar 14 20:53:26 EDT 2011

About to setup this new netbook for my daughter.
It's an Aspire D255E-13111 Mfg.Date 1101 (Atom N455 1.66GHz 1GB DDR3 250GB
HDD). $250 at Walmart.
I'm going with Ubuntu 10.04 based on these guys shipping it
http://www.laptops-with-purpose.com/models/acer-aspire-one-d255e-m22 and the
fact that the whole family uses this on our living room PC (ubuntu for
almost 4 years now). She probably can't handle kernel update issues on her
own though, so I may try Mint 10.
Anybody on the list that has experience with this thing and cares to throw
any heads-up my way on potential issues?
TIA
I'll post my results after..

-Bill