[GRLUG] WebOS for HP machines

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:22:08 EST 2011

With their Gen7 devices, Archos released a firmware version that was
wide open. But if you use it:
1. You couldn't go back to the closed version.
2. You didn't get any of the Archos software (like the video player).
The reason for this (according to Archos) was the license agreements for
the codecs that it wanted to use.

But it did leave you with a wide open Android tablet to do whatever you
wanted with.

I'm not sure if they provided that with their latest Gen8 tablets yet.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
    Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

    DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

    "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
    audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
    sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64