[GRLUG] WebOS for HP machines

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Thu Mar 10 14:33:10 EST 2011

It's not HP's first attempt to do a computer without Windows. My wife
has an HP Mini that while it came with Windows XP initially, HP produced
a heavily customized Linux for it. She tried it for a while after the XP
installation became unusable, and the Linux was a fairly neat neophyte
interface. Unfortunately, it was a little too heavily locked down and
couldn't be persuaded to install any apps beyond what it came with. I
think it was still a better implementation than the mess that came on
some of the Linux ASUS EeePC's.