[GRLUG] WebOS for HP machines

Don Wood donlumber at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 08:50:44 EST 2011

**

In an interview published this week, Apotheker told Bloomberg News that HP intends to offer the webOS software along with Microsoft's well-known Windows operating system on all of its PCs. The company hopes to increase the adoption of webOS, both by PC users and by independent developers who create applications for PCs and mobile gadgets.

**

It will be interesting to see how many takers

HP gets.  It can probably knock $50 off the price

of a machine by not having to bow to M$.

   -- Bob

I’m wondering why they would go through all that work when they could offer a much more mature and robust (I’m assuming anyway) distro. Unix or Linux. *shrug* Unless of course they want to be like Apple and have a proprietary machine from OS to hardware to software. I understand that people will still have the option to have MS instead but I’m also wondering if you can buy it with WebOS and boot to Windows via something akin to boot camp later on.