[GRLUG] To Raid, or not to Raid, that is the question.

Don Wood donlumber at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 20:05:24 EST 2011

If it's not for data redundancy then what is RAID for? If a backup is made
why bother with RAID at all? I'd rather have a RAID 1 than a backup.
Although my preference would be RAID 1 with a backup. But really, RAID is a
form of redundancy so why not use it as such? Isn't a backup a form of
redundancy?