[GRLUG] Vim Group? Editors and IDEs

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:46:51 EDT 2011

Good point about v and V.  Many of
the commands have lower and upper
case versions for above-below a line,
left or right of a position, etc.  x deletes
characters to the right, X to the left.
And you can place a number before
most to get multiple instances. e.g.,
30x deletes 30 characters to the right,
20yy yanks 20 lines, and the p and P
you mention.

But still, one needs to know just a
relatively few commands, and the behavior
above, to really roar through an
ASCII file.

Registers can be handy, but quickly
get unwieldy because they are labeled