[GRLUG] Vim Group? Editors and IDEs

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Fri Jun 24 13:40:59 EDT 2011

On 06/24/2011 01:11 PM, David van Geest wrote:
> Geany.  When I need a command line editor, I'll use vi if I'm feeling
> ambitious, nano if I'm not.

That's pretty much where I am. I'm competent enough to do very basic
things in either, but I'm fairly spoiled by the availability of good GUI
editors. If I remember the commands well enough, vim is more powerful
than nano, but it requires a lot more thinking for me to remember how to
do it. Nano is much easier for simple things.