[GRLUG] sugarcrm/mysql issue

David van Geest david.vangeest at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 12:10:08 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Eric Beversluis
<ebever at researchintegration.org> wrote:
> Duh! I'm not sure why I forget that. I suspect I don't really understand
> why it's necessary.
>
> Making progress. But now getting this error message after entering
> password:
>
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Stupid question:  are you sure the MySQL server is running?  That
sounds like a connection problem to me, not an authentication problem.
 IIRC, authentication problems give something like "access denied for
user X on host X".  If it is running, perhaps it's using a different
Unix domain socket?

See this link for a bunch of troubleshooting options:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/access-denied.html

-David